I use a lot of different software tools in the course of my research, so I need a way to keep track of them in case something destroys my computer. That is the purpose of this post.
Python and python related tools
- Anaconda python distribution (version 3.5)
- Snakemake for managing scientific workflows
- nteract: for running notebooks on desktop
- nbstripout: for removing output from ipython notebooks before commiting to a git repository.
- emacs with spacemacs
Mac OS tools
- Alfred: a better version of the Mac OS spotlight application
- Spectacle: keyboard shortcuts for moving windows around.
- dash: offline documentation browser